Small Business Roundtables and Carteret County Chamber News
- Tuesday, November 17: 8 a.m. – Cedar Point Town Hall, 427 Sherwood Ave, Cedar Point – Carteret West Round Table.
- Tuesday, November 17: 5 p.m. – Chamber Conference Room, 801 Arendell St., MHC – New Members Reception.
- Wednesday, November 18: 8 a.m. – Donald W. Bryant Student Center, Carteret Community College, 3505 Arendell St., MHC – MHC Small Business Roundtable.
- Wednesday, November 18: 8:30 a.m. – Chamber Conference Room, 801 Arendell St., MHC – Leadership Carteret Steering Committee Meeting.
- Wednesday, November 18: 6-8 p.m. – The Boathouse at Front Street Village, 2400 Lennoxville Road, Beaufort – “North Carolina Beer and Wine Tasting” sponsored by Connect Carteret – A Young Professionals Network. Donations accepted at the door.
- Thursday, November 19: 8 a.m. – Subway of Beaufort, 1706 Live Oak St., Beaufort (Beaufort Square Shopping Center) – Beaufort Small Business Roundtable.
- Thursday, November 19: 4 p.m. – Honey Baked Ham of Morehead City, 5167 US 70 West, MHC (Cypress Bay Shopping Center – located between Belk and Hobby Lobby) –Ribbon Cutting Ceremony.
Project Christmas Cheer
Project Christmas Cheer received 97 applications for 157 children in just the first week of being open. “Help from the community for the successful ‘adoptions’ of children is greatly appreciated,” said Coordinator Vicki Daniels. Contact her at 252-247-7275 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, go to www.projectchristmascheer.com.
The North Carolina Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores
The North Carolina Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores resumes its “Succulent Seafood Series” Monday, November 16, from 2-4 p.m. Minimum age is 12. The fee is $15 per session. For information, call 252-247-4003 or go to www.ncaquariums.com.
First United Methodist Church
First United Methodist Church, 900 Arendell St., Morehead City, offers Thanksgiving turkeys or pork shoulders (grilled or BBQ) for purchase. Payment required when ordering. Contact Jennifer Dudley at 252-725-4479. Proceeds benefit the Costa Rica Mission Team.
Carteret County Domestic Violence Program
Carteret County Domestic Violence Program requests donations for the Safehouse. Much needed are non-perishable foods, including canned goods (meat, vegetables, fruits, soup, spaghetti sauces), nuts and healthy snacks. Household products of all types and female health and hygiene products. The drop-off point is Caroline’s Collectables, 3716 Arendell St., Morehead City. Open Monday-Saturday from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Call 252-726-3081 or 252-726-2336 or go to www.carteretdomesticviolence.com.
News from Melaleuca Representative, Martha Vaughan
Martha Vaughan of Melaleuca offers a free class to beat the winter blahs and improve your mood from 12 noon-1:15 p.m. Tuesday, November 17, in the Chamber Conference Room, 801 Arendell St., Morehead City. “Education and consumer awareness could help reduce family sickness and work absenteeism,” she says. “Send your employees or come yourself to learn how to prepare for cold and flu season and fight flu and other viruses. Bring your own lunch. Beverages will be provided as well as aromatherapy.”
News from Carteret Community College Small Business Center
The Carteret Community College Small Business Center sponsors workshops and seminars free of charge. For information and to register call 252-222-6123 or go online at www.carteret.edu/sbc.
- “Know the Lifetime Value of Your Customers” is from 6-9 p.m. Tuesday, November 17, at the Wayne West Building (room to be determined).
- “Basics of Bookkeeping” is from 5:30-8:30 p.m. Wednesday, November 18, at the Wayne West Building, Room 221.
- “Facebook for Your Business – Advanced” led by Trish of DayngrZone Media is from 6-9 p.m. Thursday, November 19, at the Wayne West Building, Room 318.
News from the North Carolina Maritime Museum
More info: 315 Front St., Beaufort (252-728-7317 or www.ncmaritimemuseums.com):
“The Navigators – Pathfinders to the Pacific” film will be shown at 7 p.m. Tuesday, November 17. Free and open to the public.
Brown Bag Gam is from 12 noon-1 p.m. Wednesday, November 18. David Moore will lead a discussion about the archeology of treasure ships. Bring your own lunch. Free and open to the public.
“Build Your Own Oars or Paddles” is a two-day class Saturday & Sunday, November 21 & 22, at the Harvey W. Smith Watercraft Center. Minimum age is 16. The fee is $175 for paddles or $200 for oars. Friends of the Museum members receive a 10 percent discount. Advance registration required.
News from Fort Macon State Park
More info: Atlantic Beach (252-726-3775):
- Musket Firing Demonstration is at 10 a.m. Wednesday, November 18, at the fort.
- Natural Side of Fort Macon (nature hike) is from 10 a.m.-12 noon Thursday, November 19. Meet in the Visitor Center lobby.
- Astronomy/Star Gazing is at 6 p.m. Friday, November 20. Meet at the bathhouse on the beach side.
Cape Lookout National Seashore
Cape Lookout National Seashore offers a “Horse Sense and Survival” trip with Wildlife Biologist Dr. Sue Stuska Thursday, November 19, and Sunday, November 22. Ferry service is from the Beaufort Visitor Center, departing at 8:45 a.m. The cost is $15 for adults and $8 for children 11 and under. Reservations are required. Call 252-728-2250, ext. 3001. To learn more, go to www.nps.gov.
Career Information Expo sponsored by the Carteret County NCWorks Career Center
A Career Information Expo is sponsored by the Carteret County NCWorks Career Center Thursday, November 19, at the Morehead City Train Depot, 1001 Arendell St., Morehead City. Pre-registration required; Call Bob Pyer at 252-726-7151, ext. 204. Truck driving presentation is at 10 a.m.; fire fighter presentation is at 11:30 a.m.; and police officer presentation is at 1 p.m.
News from The Boathouse at Front Street Village
More info: 2400 Lennoxville Road, Beaufort – www.frontstreetvillage.com or call 252-838-1524
- Dinner specials are on Thursdays. There are free beer and wine tastings every Saturday from 1-3 p.m.
- Make reservations now for “Turkey Take Out” for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
American Red Cross Blood Drives in Carteret County:
- Friday, November 20: From 11:30 a.m.-5 p.m. at Otway Fire and Rescue, Otway.
- Saturday, November 21: From 12 noon-4 p.m. at Lowes Home Improvement, Cape Carteret.
- Tuesday, November 24: From 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at Carteret Health Care Education Bldg., Morehead City.
- Wednesday, November 25: From 9 a.m.-1 p.m. at West Carteret High School, Morehead City.
News from The History Museum of Carteret County:
Rodney Kemp Presents Kathleen Guthrie, author of “Alice Hoffman, Queen of Bogue Banks,” at 12 noon Friday, November 20. Lunch and presentation is $12 for members/$15 for others. Presentation only is $5 for members/$8 for others. Advance registration required.
The Annual Meeting is at 2 p.m. Saturday, November 21. The featured speaker is David Moore, North Carolina underwater archaeologist. Light snacks and drinks provided. Memberships will be sold at the door.
News from Carteret Community Theatre
For more info: 1311 Arendell St., Morehead City 252-497-8919 or www.carteretcommunitythreatre.com:
- “The Best Christmas Pageant Ever” is November 20-22. Friday & Saturday shows are at 7:30 p.m. Sunday matinee is at 2 p.m. Tickets are $15 for adults and $8 for children ages 5-18.
- The Embers Christmas Show is at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, December 3. Ticket prices begin at $20.
News from Core Sound Waterfowl Museum and Heritage Center:
For more info: 1785 Island Road, Harkers Island: (252-728-1500 or www.coresound.com):
- Christmas Open House is from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, November 21. Santa photos and workshop for kids in grades K-5. Refreshments.
- Core Sound Waterfowl Weekend is Friday-Sunday, December 4-6.
Crystal Coast Habitat for Humanity and Carteret County Association of REALTORS
Crystal Coast Habitat for Humanity and Carteret County Association of REALTORS present “Run for Homes” Saturday, November 21, in downtown Morehead City. Registration at Jack’s opens at 3 p.m. Races start at 4 p.m. 5K and 1-Mile Fun Run. Reduced entry fee for teams/families/churches/groups. Proceeds benefit Habitat for Humanity. For information, contact Brenda Roney at 252-247-2323 or BrendaRoney@ccrealtors.org. For information, go to www.ccrealtors.org.
The Kindred Spirit Gift Shop and Green Gables Tea Room
The Kindred Spirit Gift Shop and Green Gables Tea Room hosts a Holiday Open House from 1-4 p.m. Saturday, November 21, featuring holiday teas, chocolates, cakes, jellies, cheese, cookie straws, lemon curd and hot mulled cider. New merchandise has arrived. Free Victorian style calendar and door prize drawing. Located at 937 Harkers Island Road, Beaufort (2.2 miles off US 70 East on Harkers Island Road). For information, call Libby Liles at 252-838-8814.
News from the Beaufort Historical Association
For more info: (252) 728-5225 or go to www.beauforthistoricsite.org
- The Jumble Sale is from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, November 21, on the grounds at 130 Turner St., Beaufort. Antiques, collectibles, fine art, pottery, crafts, holiday items, jewelry, candles, books, homemade food and more.
- The Community Thanksgiving Feast is from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Sunday, November 22, also on the grounds. Tickets are $20 in advance or $25 at the door.
The Town of Emerald Isle
The Town of Emerald Isle Christmas Parade is at 3 p.m. Saturday, November 28. Lighting of the Christmas tree at Merchant’s Park, refreshments and caroling follow the parade. Call 252-354-6350.
Fall Specials –
Extreme Wash-N-Detail, a mobile unit specializing in auto detailing, is a new Chamber member that is offering a fall special through November. Wash (inside & out) and wax is $40 for cars and $50 for SUV/trucks. To schedule an appointment, call Ellen at 757-729-2052 or Marty at 252-626-4844. Gift certificates are available for holidays and all occasions.
Kat Suralik Massage Therapy & Skincare, 1111 Arendell St., Morehead City, offers a November special: 1-hour massage and facial for $125. Choose between a Swedish, therapeutic or deep tissue massage. Choose a deep cleaning, anti-aging or hydrating facial. Body wraps are $80. Choose a seaweed or mud wrap. Call 252-269-1210.
Davis Shore Provisions, 650 US 70 East, Davis, hosts “Ladies Night Out Shopping Spree” from 6-9 p.m., Thursday, December 3. Call 252-729-0011.
News from Downtown Morehead City Revitalization Association
For more info: www.downtownmoreheadcity.com or 252-808-0440:
- Friday, December 4: The Christmas Art Walk is from 4-7 p.m.; Santa is at Katherine Davis Park at 5 p.m. with carolers and hot chocolate; tree lighting at 6 p.m.
- Saturday, December 5: Breakfast with Santa is at Floyd’s 1921 Restaurant from 8:30-11:30 a.m. with advance reservation at 252-727-1921; Chowder & Cheer Crawl is from 1-5 p.m. with $20 ticket; Santa is at Jaycee Park at 4:30 p.m. with DJ and hot chocolate.
East Coast NC is your preview to North Carolina’s beautiful East Coast. We’re sharing the latest events, news, happenings, restaurants, real estate, music and more. Share your stories, events and happenings with us and you may seem them on our site.